ANSYS Additive offers a complete simulationworkflow for additive manufacturing (AM) that allows you totransition your R&D efforts for metal AM into a successfulmanufacturing operation.
Additive manufacturing (3D printing) is a technology thatproduces three-dimensional parts layer by layer from a variety ofmaterials. It has been rapidly gaining popularity as a truemanufacturing process in recent years. In the AM process, a digitaldata file is transmitted to a production machine, which ultimatelytranslates an engineering design into a 3D-printed part. Initially,AM was utilized as a rapid prototyping method — an acceleratedmethod to create (mostly plastic) parts before manufacturing bywell-accepted methodologies, such as injection molding, casting,forming, joining, etc.
Metal AM offers a number of benefits over traditionalmanufacturing, including:
– Creating parts and structures that are impossible to manufacturewith traditional methods, e.g., parts with intricate internalstructures or complex organic shapes. A single AM-generated partcan replace an entire multi-part assembly. Also, parts may bedesigned and produced for better performance and with moreefficient use of materials.
– Manufacturing replacement metal parts on-demand, without the needfor an entire factory and multiple machines.
– Producing of novel materials with unique properties.
– Replacing worn out or broken parts that are no longermanufactured. Deposition processes enable new functionality to bebuilt on top of existing parts, opening up new opportunities forthe remanufacturing of components.
ANSYS’ best-in-class solution for additive manufacturing enablessimulation at every step in your AM process. It will help youoptimize material configurations and machine and parts setup beforeyou begin to print. As a result, you’ll greatly reduce — andpotentially eliminate — the physical process of trial-and- errortesting.
ANSYS AM simulation tools will help you:
– Design for AM (DfAM) utilizing topology optimization and latticestructures
– Conduct design validation
– Improve build setup — with additional design features for partmanufacturing, including part orientation and automatic generationof physics-based support structures
– Simulate print process
– Explore and gain greater understanding of materials
The ANSYS solution is especially designed for theseusers:
– Aerospace OEMs and suppliers
– Metal AM print services bureaus
– Biotech companies with AM efforts
– Automotive OEMs and suppliers
– AM materials R&D companies
– Metal AM machine manufacturers
Installer Size: 2540 MB
Download Links > ANSYS Additive v19.0.2 x64 + Crack