SONY Sound Forge Pro is a professional toolthat you can use to edit your audio files. It’s not easy to workwith, so first-time users with no experience in the audio editingdepartment will probably have trouble managing it; the interface isclearly defined, and the elements of Sound Forge Pro are wellorganized.
After you import an audio file, you can start making the desiredchanges. So, you can play with various effects (acoustic mirror,amplitude modulation, chorus, delay, echo, distortion, pitch,reverb etc) and processes (auto trim, fade, invert, normalize,reverse, smooth etc).
Moreover, you can organize your favorite sound effects, play withtools (e.g. noise reduction, click and crackle removal, clippedpeak restoration), or convert audio files (via Batch Converterunder the Tools menu).
Sound Forge Pro also gives you access to directlyextract audio from CDs, get media from the web, and burn an audioCD.
During an active run of this application, system memory is heavilyused, so it’s better you close any other processes when workingwith Sound Forge Pro.
We weren’t able to find any bugs or errors in this software. Ifrookies want to start an adventure with Sound Forge Pro, they willbe happy to know there’s a well-developed help file they can checkout, one that accurately describes every single detail of theprogram.
In conclusion, Sound Forge Pro is a real paradise for audioediting enthusiasts, but even beginners can have fun with it. Theprice for the full version might be considered too much by certainusers, but that’s what you pay for professional tools.
Here are some key features of “Sound ForgePro”:
– General Features
– Rendered Media Path Saving
– Media rendered with Sound Forge 8 software include the projectpath, so you can easily return to the source Sound Forge project ifyou want to resume editing.
– Updated Regions List and Playlist Windows
– The Regions List and Playlist windows in Sound Forge 8 have newfeatures for faster in-place editing and sorting. Quickly editregions by typing new values in the Name, Start, End, or Lengthfields.
– Copy Statistics to Clipboard
– With Sound Forge 8 software, you can now copy the contents of theStatistics window to the clipboard for easy comparison of multiplefiles.
– Windows XP theme support
– New UI color preferences, icon tint saturation, and Windows XPtheme support allows for complete customization of the Sound Forge8 workspace.
– 24-Bit, 32-Bit/64-Bit Float/192 kHz Support
– Sound Forge software supports full resolution 24-bit/32-bit 192kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtleovertones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changesthat 24-bit audio provides. With Sound Forge audio software you canimport, save, and even record to this resolution if your hardwaresupports it.
– Media Explorer with Automatic File Previewing
– Quickly and easily find, preview, and open media files using theMedia Explorer window. Drag files and regions from the Explorerinto the workspace or onto another open file for easy pasting,mixing, or crossfading. Explore audio files on a CD-ROM and extractautomatically by dragging from the Explorer into the Sound Forgeworkspace.
– Recording / playback
– ASIO driver support
– Sound Forge 8 software includes low-latency ASIO driver support,providing faster, professional results, and access to support ofadditional soundcards.
– VU Meters for RMS Playback and Record Monitoring
– Accurately determine RMS volume levels and provide greaterperceived loudness control when mastering audio projects.
– Automated time-based recording
– Set the record timer to start and stop based on your computer’ssystem clock. Choose start time, duration, and end time. Items maybe scheduled to record on minute, daily, or weekly basis.
– Audio Threshold Record Triggering
– Configure Sound Forge software to record when a predeterminedaudio input level reaches a preset threshold. Recording continuesas long as the level is exceeded, and stops after the threshold isno longer maintained. Perfect for unattended and offsite recording,dictation, or any time you want to record away from your computer.Also record audio when MIDI timecode is detected. Sensitivitysettings are customizable with user-definable threshold and releasepatterns.
– Prerecord buffer
– Eliminate dropouts and missed audio at the start of a recordingwith the prerecord buffer.
– Audio Scrubbing
– Use the new scrub tool to quickly and easily find areas in youraudio file. Sound Forge 8 also supports JKL keyboard commands forshuttle control to quickly find sections.
– Customizable Keyboard Mapping
– With Sound Forge 8 software it has never been easier to setcustom key commands for frequently used processes.
– Real-Time Editing and Processing
– Edit files nondestructively in real-time at the sample level andhear your changes immediately.
– Waveform Volume and Pan Envelopes
– Sound Forge software has Volume and Pan Envelopes that let youvisually add precise changes in your audio file over time foreasier mixing.
– Graphical Fade Curves
– Perform quick and easy graphic fades, fade-ins, fade-outs, andcrossfades. Fast, slow, smooth, sharp, and hold fade types areavailable in the Graphic Fade, Pan/Expand, Pitch-Bend, Envelope,and FM Synthesis dialogs.
– Multitask Background Rendering
– Work on one file while Sound Forge software processes anotherwith multitask background rendering.
Installer Size: 222 MB