The Perl Dev Kit (PDK) is a useful program that providesessential tools for Perl programmers, making it easy to create,build, and deploy applications.
Turn your Perl programs into ready-to-run executables for AIX,HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows. Painlessly debug Perl scripts.Generate code for sophisticated filters, or convert useful VBScriptcode to Perl. Plus create .NET and ActiveX components, Windowsservices, and system tray applications, all written in Perl.
Here are some key features of “Perl Dev Kit (PDK)”:
– Now with cross-platform wrapping, use this sophisticated,easy-to-use tool for bundling Perl source code and modules intoexecutables for distribution for any platform. Includes applicationbuilders for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, and AIX.
– Enforce and apply coding standards across your whole team,including best practices and entirely customizable policies.
– Extremely nimble debugging client for Windows. Remote debuggingsupport lets you debug scripts on virtually any platform.
– Improve code performance and reliability through coverageexperiments, hotspot analysis and data set comparisons. Find andaddress issues before executables are deployed.
– The better way to create Windows MSI installation files — usingPerl code, with support for custom dialogs, shortcuts, registryentries and more.
– Need to filter log files, chunks of code or other text files?Filter Builder is an intuitive tool for interactively operating ontext, with filtering and replacement.
– Jumpstart your transition from VBScript to Perl. Generate Perlcode from VBScript, recognizing all popular type libraries,including Microsoft Excel, Windows Scripting Host, Lotus Notes andmore.
– Convert Perl programs to native Windows system trayapplications.
– Convert Perl programs to native Windows services.
– Allow .NET Framework code to access Perl code running outside the.NET Framework.
– Wrap your Perl code as an ActiveX component.
Installer Size: 17.3 + 18.1 MB