PuTTY is one of the big guys in the SSH andTelnet clients bunch with added abilities to connect through rloginas well as raw TCP protocols to other computers. It also featuresan xterm terminal emulator in order to provide an effectiveenvironment for advanced users. One thing you must make sure of isthat you can enjoy PuTTY within the legal boundaries of yourcountry as it may interfere with both domestic and internationalcryptography laws such as China, Singapore, Vietnam, Mongolia,Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Tunisia or Belarus.
Here are some of the key feature of”PuTTY”:
– PuTTY is a vital application for experienced users in need of asturdy yet fully customizable environment for their PC-to-PC secureconnections
– PuTTY grants you control using the SSH encryption key and theprotocol version
– Security fix
– PuTTY stores the hosts and their corresponding settings in orderto facilitate fast yet accurate switches
– The Connection area allows customization of Low-level TCPconnections, Internet protocol version, Login and Terminal details,Environment variables, Proxy type and other protocol-specificadjustments.
What is KiTTY ?
KiTTY is a fork from version 0.68 of PuTTY, the best telnet / SSHclient in the world.
KiTTY is only designed for the Microsoft® Windows® platform. Formore information about the original software, or pre-compiledbinaries on other systems, you can go to the Simon Tatham PuTTYpage.
KiTTY has all the features from the original software, and addsmany others as described below:
The very first requestedfeatures:
– Sessions filter
– Shortcuts for pre-defined command
– The session launcher
– Automatic logon script
– Automatic logon script with the RuTTY patch
– URL hyperlinks
– Automatic password
– Automatic command
– Running a locally saved script on a remote session
– ZModem integration
– An icon for each session
– Send to tray
– Protection against unfortunate keyboard input
– Always visible
– Quick start of a duplicate session
– Config Box
– Automatic saving
– SSH Handler: Internet Explorer integration
– pscp.exe and WinSCP integration
– Binary compression
– Clipboard printing
– The PuTTYCyg patch
– Background image
– File association
– Other settings
– New command-line options
– A light chat server is hidden in KiTTY
– A hidden text editor is integrated into KiTTY
Installer Size: ~