It is not always easy to track where some files are located inyour computer especially if you have a large collection of CDs andDVDs. If you are one of those users, then it definitely pays off tohave the right tool for working with such a task.WinCatalog is software utility designed to helpyou find documents and data from your computer by building an indexthat offers you instant access to them.
This program can be mastered even by less experienced users becauseit sports a straightforward interface.
WinCatalog is a truly full-featured tool, so it would be naturalto expect drag and drop support in such an app. Although thedeveloper didn’t include this option, it made the process of addingfiles to the list pretty simple. You can add a fixed or removabledisk, specific folders or individual files to the catalog. Virtualfolders and customs items can be created pretty easily.
The app works fast and it is able to display the contents of yourfolders properly by preserving the hierarchical folder structure.It remembers the files’ attributes (e.g. path, size, and dates ofcreation) and you can also preview them in the right panel.
WinCatalog can perform searches throughout the entire collectionthanks to its built-in search engine. Simply type in the file nameor use additional filters for more accurate results such as size,tags, locations and date. It includes multi-tabbed support and thismeans you can work with multiple searches at the same time.
It also possible to add tags to your items, find duplicated files,add contacts, manage loaned disks and copy files to another drivedirectly from WinCatalog. Moreover, each catalogue can be exportedto HTML or CSV file.
You may customize its looks by switching to either grid orthumbnails view modes.
Overall, WinCatalog is a pretty useful solution for all users whowant to find any documents on the go. It packs many useful featuresthat make the entire search process easier and faster.
Here are some key features of “WinCatalog”:
– Ability to catalog any storage devices accessible from Windowsenvironment.
– Ability to catalog individual folders on disks.
– Automatic extraction of archive file descriptions when scanning adisk.
– Automatic extraction of EXIF tags from digital photographs.
– Retrieval of Audio CD track names from Internet CD database.
– Support of non-file items: it is enabling you to catalog yourbooks, videos or even postage stamps and coins!
– Individual comments for each item: disk, folder or file.
– Ability to manage your collection between virtual folders usingDrag’n’Drop.
– Each item is associated with a set of keywords to increase thesearch relevancy.
– The catalog can be searched by file name, comment and keywords,date and size.
– Powerful search functionality: ability to use AND, NOT, ORoperators and wildcards.
– Ability to search the entire catalog or an individual disk.
– When the disk data is updated, the previously entered commentsand keywords are preserved.
– Ability to delete from the catalog the unnecessary files andfolders.
– Ability to export and import parts of collection and the list ofcontacts.
– Ability to generate reports.
– Ability to generate HTML reports for sending to someone,publishing on the Web or printing.
– Ability to export any folder to .CSV file (comma separatedvalues) for opening catalog in MS Excel or other applications.
– Ability to automatically open the last catalog when theapplication is started.
– Multilingual interface.
Installer Size: 59.6 MB
Download Links : WinCatalog v126.96.36.199 + Crack