FreeCAD is an open-source 3D CAD modeler thatcomes packed with many functions designed to help you create 3DCAD, MCAD, CAx, CAE and PLM projects.
Although it bundles many dedicated parameters for sketching 3D and2D components, it sports a clean and straightforward interface.
The program allows users to import data from a wide range offile formats, namely DXF, BRP, DAT, SVG, MED, IGES, BMP, JPG, IFC,OCA, ASC, SVG, WRL, or others.
FreeCAD comprises various 2D drawing objects (e.g. 2-point lines,wires, circles, arcs, polygons, points), and gives users thepossibility to move, rotate, scale, and edit the selected objects.Plus, you can add or delete points, create a polar or rectangulararray from the selected objects, as well as clone thecomponents.
When it comes to designing 3D objects, the utility provides severaltools (box, cone, cylinder, sphere, torus), and you can modifythese objects by using Boolean operations, fusing two objects, aswell as cutting one object from another.
Other important features worth mentioning enable you to use thebuilt-in Python console for creating or modifying the geometry ofthe components, record macros, work with multiple documents, anduse the workbenches for accessing different set of tools easier(e.g. draft, image, or sketcher workbench).
Here are some key features of “FreeCAD”:
– A complete OpenCasCade-based geometry kernel allowing complex 3Doperations on complex shape types, and supports natively conceptslike brep, nurbs, booleans operations or fillets
– A modular architecture that allow plugins (modules) to addfunctionality to the core application. Those extensions can be ascomplex as whole new applications or as simple as python scripts orself-recorded macros
– A full parametric model allowing any type of parameter-drivencustom objects, that can even be fully programmed in python
– Complete access from python built-in interpreter, macros orexternal scripts to almost any part of FreeCAD, being geometrycreation and transformation, the 2D or 3D representation of thatgeometry (scenegraph) or even the FreeCAD interface
– Import/export to standard formats such as STEP, IGES, OBJ, DXF,SVG, U3D or STL.
Installer Size: 200 + 174 MB
Download Links > FreeCAD v0.15.4671 x86/x64 + Crack